We provide a property management service to owners wishing to let out their property. The standard fee for the property management service is taken as a percentage of the gross rents due for the period of the tenancy.
Our standard property management services include:
- Advising as to the likely rental income.
- Advertising and generally marketing the property.
- Interviewing prospective tenants and taking up employers reference searches and previous landlord character reference.
- Preparing the tenancy agreement and corresponding notice necessary for the landlord to gain protection of the relevant rent and housing acts and renewing the agreement were necessary at the end of the tenancy.
- Making an advance charge to the tenant, normally equal to one month’s rent, to ensure performance of the tenant’s obligations.
- Collecting the rent monthly or every 4 weeks if housing benefits are in place, and paying over to the landlord less any fees or expenses due or incurred for the period. (Payments will be made by cheque or direct bank transfer together with a detailed rent statement.)
- Co-ordination of repair or maintenance including arranging for GOLDING PROPERTY SERVICES LTD Maintenance Team to attend the property and obtaining estimates where necessary.
- To carry out a full property inspection and inventory, prior to the tenant or tenant’s taking up residency.
- Competitive quotes for furniture packs for all types of properties.
- We offer a 8% management fee on all properties in City Centre & Docklands areas or for new owners with 10 or more properties.
It is the landlord’s responsibility to ensure that the correct insurance and relevant documentation i.e. gas safety & energy performance certificates (EPC) are in place when renting the property.